Aloo paratha is very famous in North India. A lot of parathas are available on road side dhabas. Potato paratha is also easy to make because the ingredients put in it are easily found at home. Potato paratha is not only a favorite of India but also people of India and abroad. People eat abroad with a lot of money to eat it. It takes a little time to make it but it is very easy to make it. What things will we need to make it….
- Flour: 400 grams (2 cups)
- Water: 1/2 liter
- Boiled and smaished Potato: 4
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Celery: 1/2 teaspoon
- Kasuri Methi – 1 pinch of ground
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Choped green chili: 4
- Onion (Choped onion): 1
- Coriander leaf: 1/2 bowl
- Salt: 3/2 teaspoon
- To make potato parathas, you first knead the dough by adding flour, oil, half a teaspoon salt and water in a vessel.
- To prepare the stuffing of parathas, peel and grate potatoes. You can also mash it with hands.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, celery, green chillies, ginger, green coriander, red chillies, kasoori methi, chaat masala and salt to the potato and mix it well.
- Now knead the dough that you have kneaded, and roll it out like a poori. Roll the potato mixture in the center like a poori and then give it the shape of a bundle and close it. Now roll it round again with light hands.
- Now keep a tawa in medium flame for heating. To smooth the pan, add a little ghee to it.
- As soon as the ghee is hot, place the roti on the pan and apply ghee on both the sides and flip it over. Turn off the heat.
Aloo Paratha is ready. Serve hot with yogurt, chutney or sauce.
You can also make paratha in this way – By making two different same size roti, you can also keep potato mixture in the middle. In this case, stick the edges well with light wet hands so that the potatoes do not come out. After doing this, if you want, you can also roll it slightly with light hands.