When your baby is 6 months old, you can start feeding him solid foods like fruit puree, lentils, khichdi etc. Some babies are tantrums about food. So that he does not like the taste or texture of the food prepared. Dinner is an important meal. For the idea of an easy dinner for children, it is essential that the dinner is light and easy on the stomach so that it can be easily digested. However, making dinner plans that are healthy and easy to make as well as tasty enough for your children.
Infants should be gradually exposed to solids. They should not have salt or sugar in their food because these things are not good for the health of the child. To make food tasty, you can use puree of dates or other fruits instead of salt or sugar and use cardamom, cumin, coriander powder, ginger, etc. to enhance the taste of the baby’s food. In this article, we have told about the options of delicious and nutritious food for the night, which your sweetheart will surely like. So here is the easy dinner recipe for kids. The list of healthy and delicious Indian dishes for babies is as follows.
Nothing can be easier, quicker and nutritious than this dish. It is also easy on the stomach.
- Cumin rice, (any type of small fragrant rice) – 1 cup
- Carrots, spinach, beans, green peas etc. (you can add any type of vegetable that your child likes) – 2 cups
- Red lentils (lentils) – 1 cup
- salt to taste
- Wash rice and lentils and soak them in water for some time.
- Then pour soaked rice, lentils and vegetables together in the pressure cooker.
- Add water (the water level should be three fingers above the rice, lentils and vegetable mixture).
- Add salt.
- Cook pressure until 3 – 4 whistles come.
- Allow the pressure to drain automatically and then open the pressure cooker lid.
- Serve hot (you can add a spoonful of ghee or butter).
This is one of the easiest foods to make for your baby. This is a good option for a good start to a solid diet. Fruits are nutritious, naturally sweet and complete in their own diet. They are also easily digested.
- Fruits, such as bananas, pears, apples, peaches, mangoes. You can also use dates, chiku and small fruits like strawberries, blueberries or raspberries and berries.
- Steamer to boil water or steam to boil
- Bananas can be mashed or brewed directly in a blender and fed to the baby. It does not require steam.
- Apples and pears need to be steamed. Blueberries and other berries can be boiled in small amounts of water. Boil water in a pot to cook in steam. Put the pieces of fruit in the steamer basket, place it in the pot and close the lid for 7-10 minutes. If you do not have a steamer basket, boil the fruits in a little water until they become soft and ripe.
- After steaming or boiling the fruit, put it in a food processor and grind it until smooth puree is formed.
- You can try to collect and feed fruits such as apples and bananas, apples and peaches, bananas and berries, avocados and bananas or apples and dates.
Oatmeal containing fruit
Oatmeal ie oatmeal is a very safe and nutritious early solid food for infants. Oats contain calcium, B-complex vitamins, protein, and fiber. Fruits are excellent sources of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which are essential for good health.
- ground oats
- Banana or apple puree
- A pinch of cardamom powder to taste (optional)
- Mix water and oats powder together in a pan and cook on low heat for about 8 minutes.
- Stir continuously to prevent formation of lumps.
- Once it is ready to cook, remove it from the stove and allow it to cool.
- Add fruit puree to it and if you want to make it more delicious then add a small pinch of cardamom powder.
- Fruit-rich oatmeal is ready for your child.
Ragi is a whole grain that contains many nutrients that are beneficial for a growing child. Ragi is rich in calcium. It also contains iron and B-vitamins. Ragi contains about 80% of carbohydrates that provide energy to your active, growing baby. Ragi is also a good source of protein and fiber.
- 1 tbsp ragi flour
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
- Pinch of Cardamom
- Dates puree or ½ tsp grated jaggery to sweeten
- Mix ragi flour well in water so that there are no lumps.
- Put ghee in a pan and melt on low heat.
- Add ragi mixture to it and cook on low flame while stirring continuously.
- Add ground cardamom.
- If you wish, you can add it to the puree of any fruit in this porridge.
- Feed the baby.
Vegetable Red Soup
Red lentils contain protein and fiber. The lentils cook quickly and are easy for youngsters to digest. By including vegetables in the soup, they supply other valuable nutrients such as vitamins and minerals, which are essential for the healthy growth of your baby or child.
- 2 tablespoons Masoor Dal
- Fin onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- ½ tsp ghee
- Put ghee in a very small cooker and heat it on low heat.
- Fry the onions till they turn brown.
- Add carrots and sweet potatoes to it and cook for a few minutes.
- After this, add lentils and water. Cook until it comes to a boil.
- Cook until 3 to 4 whistles in the cooker or the vegetables and lentils melt completely.
- Grind this soup in an excessive kitchen appliance so that it becomes sticky.
- Give your child a delicious vegetable-infected soup.
Rice can be a very safe and light-weight diet for your baby’s stomach because it is incredibly easily digested. Rice B-complex is rich in vitamins, carbohydrates and proteins. Feeding rice pudding to the child will give him instant energy.
- 3 tablespoons rice
- Water or milk (If the child is younger than 1 year, use formula or milk instead of milk.)
- Cardamom Powder to taste
- Pure dates or ½ teaspoon jaggery for sweetness
- Cook the rice with milk or water in an excessive cooker for 3 or 4 whistles so that it becomes soft and brittle.
- Add cardamom powder and jaggery and cook until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Feed baby rice pudding.
Vegetable soup is very nutritious and attractive. You can enhance its taste by using a small pinch of asafoetida, cumin powder or coriander powder. This soup is made from vegetables like carrots, spinach, potatoes and beans. Spinach is incredibly beneficial for infants because it can be a great source of iron, folate, vitamins A, C, K and B-complex, dietary fiber, potassium, phosphorus, and calcium.
- half a carrot
- 5-6 spinach leaves
- 1 small potato
- 2-3 beans or other pods
- a spoonful of peas
- a clove
- Half a teaspoon of Ghee
- Cut all the vegetables and put them in a very autoclave with water.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft or 4
- Add ghee and grind the mixture in an excessive blender or kitchen appliance.
Since this porridge is made from various types of whole grains, it contains abundant nutrients which is very beneficial for your growing child. You will use multigrain oatmeal powder in large quantities for a month by filling it in an airtight box. Whenever you want to breastfeed your baby, you can make oatmeal in ultramodern quantity of this grounded multigrain mix. The mixture of lentils, rice and wheat gives this porridge an honest balance of protein and carbohydrates. Dry fruits provide vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- 1 bowl of stuffed lentils
- 1 bowl yellow moong dal
- 1 bowl of rice
- ½ bowl of roasted chickpea
- 1 bowl of barley
- 1 bowl of oatmeal
- 1 bowl of lentils
- 1 bowl whole black urad dal
- 7-8 cashews
- 7-8 almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- A touch of salt to taste
- Cardamom powder to make sweet porridge
- Fry all the ingredients till they turn light golden brown.
- allow to cool.
- Next, if you want to make sweet porridge, you can add cardamom powder or salt to the salted porridge mixture.
- Grind all the roasted and cold ingredients that work as a mixer.
- Sieve the oatmeal mixture to make a smooth powder.
- You will be able to store it in an airtight container for up to a month.
- To make oatmeal, mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of powder with water.
- In a pan, cook it on low heat so that there are no lumps in it.
- Once cooked, keep it to warm and allow it to cool.
- Add puree of any fruit to the sweet porridge.
- Vegetables will be mixed to make salted porridge.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of ghee to it.
- Feed your child this nutritious porridge.
Children and children often have a lot of tantrums while eating. Feed these new foods 3 to 4 times to determine whether they like their taste and texture. You will use puree of dates or other fruits to sweeten the food. Honey can be used for infants over 1 year of age. Following the ‘3-day’ rule, gradually add new foods to the child’s diet and increase daily intake. It is important for the child to understand 1 tbsp in the primary day, 2 teaspoons on the second day and three teaspoons on the third day to understand if he likes food and is not allergic. For children 1 year or older, you will try dosa with lentils, carrots and semolina idli, oats upma, fenugreek paratha, and foods like oats and banana pancake. The taste of your child’s food is often enhanced by using Indian spices and herbs.